Thursday, August 18, 2005

Sony Ericsson W800i, meet my iMac


The first challenge for Stuffhacker is to get the Sony Ericsson's new Walkman phone working properly with my Mac. The phone is theoretically compatible out-of-the-box, but you have to drag and drop music files into exactly the right location, and put them in artist/album folders - a real pain in the arse for an iPod Shuffle user.

So, I want to sync my W800i with iTunes in the same way I'd sync my Shuffle - just plug it in and hit 'autofill'.

But first off I need to stop the computer crashing every time I unplug the USB cable. Fortunately, the work has already been done for me. Because the W800i is really just a K750i with a different case, a bigger memory stick and a Walkman application, you can use the script found here.

Next up: some serious Applescripting

No comments: